Strathcona County Transit
Strathcona County Transit fosters an environment of pride, teamwork and job satisfaction for its Transit Operators while providing customers with excellent service. Our goal is to remain competitive and offer the best customer service possible through being responsive to both our external and internal customers.
We are looking for operators who love operating large equipment, enjoy working independently but as part a team and are committed to treating customers with respect, tact and diplomacy.
Transit operators are responsible for the safe operation of a variety of transit vehicles and must follow schedule guidelines, sometimes under adverse weather and traffic conditions and challenging circumstances.
- Applicant must be familiar with Sherwood Park and the Edmonton downtown core area
- Applicant must be an excellent communicator with a high school diploma
- Applicant must be available to work a variety of shifts including split days, nights, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Applicant should have a customer-service focus for working professionally with the public
- Applicant must be in possession of (at a minimum) a valid class five motor vehicle operator’s licence (non-probationary and non-graduated status) for three consecutive years
- Applicant selected for an interview will be asked to provide a current driver’s abstract (dated within 14 days of the interview) showing no suspensions and no more than three demerits recorded over the previous two-year period (must be provided at the interview)
- Applicant must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job, which include operating bus controls and providing assistance to passengers with wheelchairs or strollers
- Applicant must be legally able to work in Canada
- Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check as a condition of employment
The hourly wage rate while in training is $22.07 and upon successful completion is $23.17 to $28.96, working part-time hours as required.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County Transit. We contact only the candidates selected for interviews.
Last updated: Thursday, January 24, 2013
Page ID: 8915