Violence, Trauma and Suicide Prevention Protocol
In March 2022, leaders from across Strathcona County gathered in council chambers to sign the Violence, Trauma and Suicide Prevention (VTSP) Protocol, committing to work together to support resident safety.
The first of its kind in North America, the provincial award-winning protocol outlines practical steps for the County, RCMP, schools and other local and provincial partners to take during a community event involving violence, trauma or suicide. The protocol guides leaders on how to work together, share information, assess community impact and support residents.
This groundbreaking work allows organizations across the County to draw on one another’s unique strengths to improve quality of life for all residents. To learn more:
For complete copies of the attachments, please reach out to email@example.com.
The VTSP Protocol was signed by:
- AHS – Children, Youth and Families, Addiction and Mental Health
- AHS – Intensive and Urgent Services
- Alberta Children’s Services
- Elk Island Catholic Schools
- Elk Island Public Schools
- North American Centre for Threat Assessment and Trauma Response
- Sherwood Park – Strathcona County Primary Care Network
- Strathcona County
- Strathcona County RCMP
- Boys & Girls Club Strathcona County
- Heartland Alliance Church
- New Horizons School
- Parents Empowering Parents (PEP) Society
- Robin Hood Association
- SAFFRON Centre Ltd.
- Strathcona County Library
- Strathcona Shelter Society Ltd. A Safe Place