The Warren Thomas (Josephburg) Aerodrome is located 1.6 kilometres north of Josephburg on Secondary Highway 830, and is approximately five kilometres south of Alberta's Industrial Heartland. It is managed by Strathcona County.
The aerodrome is used for privately owned and commercial aircraft. The lands around the property are primarily used for agricultural purposes.
Transportation Engineering and Operations
Warren Thomas (Josephburg) Aerodrome
2001 Sherwood Drive
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 3W7
Airport Strategic Plan (1.2 MB)
Features of the airport
- one paved runway, 4,560 feet by 100 feet
- 28 bare land lease sites (currently none available)
- 20 aircraft tie-downs (contact us for availability)
- 100 LL & Jet 1-A fuel available
- 24 hour Visa/Mastercard for fuel
- public terminal
- air traffic control system
- VFR day/night rotating beacon
- radio controlled airport lighting
- Automated Weather Observation System
- Precision Approach Pathway Indicators (PAPIs)
- Omni Directional Lighting System (ODALS)
- Procedural Approach G.P.S.
Fees (Excluding GST)
- $900.00 - Private Bare Land Lease
- $1,200.00 - Commercial Bare Land Lease
- $45.00 - Turf Tie-Down/Month
- $17.00 - Transient Aircraft Parking/Day
Ask a question, provide feedback or report an issue.